Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 31, 2019 1:22:18 AM

How to cancel Live-Assist & review option? thanks

i accidently click the assist & review but i didn't use any assist nor had anyone review, how can i cancel the assist and review please? thanks 

0 5 2655
5 Replies
Oct 31, 2019 1:22:20 AM

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product.

Oct 31, 2019 1:22:22 AM

I have a similar situation and I followed the advice to go back and start a new return. However after it asks me if I would like to import information from last year and I select yes I am taken to a screen which advises me that since I used Live-Assist and Review last year it is recommended I use it again. I am NOT given an option to do otherwise and I must continue with Live-Assist. How do we complete a Standard return while still importing my info?

Oct 31, 2019 1:22:23 AM

Yes..i am.  In the same boat..the can not call me...as I am now travelling..have not used the live review

Apr 29, 2022 8:35:28 AM

Hi there,

I am having a similar issue, I input my taxes on my own and NEVER used the Live Assist however I am being prompted to pay $69.99 at the end and cannot proceed without payment.

I did not at ANY point click on Assist & Review yet I am being penalized by having to pay for a service I never received. 

Can you please refund me after I make this purchase as I will not be inputting the same information, my time is valuable and I am not in an income bracket where I want to pay and I haven't used this service in the past. 

May 3, 2022 3:50:53 PM

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.