Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmcdonald

How to claim self employment income and expenses for 2 jobs. 1 has a T4A and the other doesn't

the self employment job that I have a T4A seems to be entered ok, but the other self employment doesn't appear to show any employment expenses and revenues on my tax summary. I entered the income part as other revenues because it was the only place I had the option to do so.

in turbo tax when I entered the T4A info it asked me if I had employment expenses, which I said yes.

when I came to the self employment job that I do not have a T4A, there was no place to put in the revenues but I was able to put in expenses, although I don't think they don't seem to be reflected in my total self employment expenses.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

How to claim self employment income and expenses for 2 jobs. 1 has a T4A and the other doesn't

Self-Employment and employment expenses are two different things.

The income from your T4A is being transferred to the T2125 form for self-employed income and expenses.  You have to access the form and fill the rest of the information.

To claim employment expenses your employer must provide you with a T2200 filled and signed.  You can then enter your employment expenses on the T777 Statement of Employment Expenses form.

If you have two Self-Employed business you must fill a second T2125 form for your second S-E Business.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

Self-Employment and employment expenses are two different things.

The income from your T4A is being transferred to the T2125 form for self-employed income and expenses.  You have to access the form and fill the rest of the information.

To claim employment expenses your employer must provide you with a T2200 filled and signed.  You can then enter your employment expenses on the T777 Statement of Employment Expenses form.

If you have two Self-Employed business you must fill a second T2125 form for your second S-E Business.