Solved: How to downgrade my Turbo tax package?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to downgrade my Turbo tax package?

Hi there,

Initially I was using TurboTax student package to file my return but the website prompt to suggest me to upgraded to student and business package as I indicated I had business income. But then I realize that the software doesn't support me enter business income from U.S.. 

How can I downgrade back to the student package as the business package is keeping asking me to enter business information for me to move forward.

Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Unfortunately (and for reasons only Intuit understands, but aren't saying), you cannot downgrade a TurboTax Online return. You can create a new return (Tools>Return Manager) in the version you prefer, but you will not be able to transfer any information - you will have to start from scratch.

Caveat emptor.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Unfortunately (and for reasons only Intuit understands, but aren't saying), you cannot downgrade a TurboTax Online return. You can create a new return (Tools>Return Manager) in the version you prefer, but you will not be able to transfer any information - you will have to start from scratch.

Caveat emptor.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for answering the question. That's too bad. I don't think I want to enter all the information all over again. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and pay the higher price. Thank you!
Highlighted

I've had the same problem, but I'm going to use a different companies software - turbotax is screwing us!
Highlighted

Agreed!
Highlighted

too bad
Highlighted

that is why they trap you.. make you pay more and not let you down grade without starting over.  even though the whole time they are trying to upgrade you.  REALLY frustrated.
Highlighted

I'm unable to use the Free version for my daughter. The system force me to upgrade to Deluxe version for FALSE reasons. 

I used turbotax for years for me and my wife with no problems. But now, I have to change to something else.

Highlighted
Level 4

In all fairness, from what I've seen of this year's TT Free version, it is overpriced. If you are looking for free tax software, you might want to consider alternatives:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/netfile-impotnet/crtfdsftwr/menu-eng.html

I would add that if you use TurboTax for desktop, up to 20 returns are included.
v