Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdaime

I am a yoga teacher who is considered a contractor. CRA says I need to file as a small business so I bought self employed program. Is this correct? thanks

2 Replies

I am a yoga teacher who is considered a contractor. CRA says I need to file as a small business so I bought self employed program. Is this correct? thanks

Yes. If your business is not incorporated, TurboTax Self-Employed is suitable for you.

1nvent

Yes, it is correct. However, could you tell more about your business related to yoga ? I am a big fan of yoga too, and I would like to read your story. I am practicing yoga for 3 years, and I feel much better now. It helps me to relax physically and mentally. It helps me to clear my mind. I am always meditating while practicing yoga, and it helped me to understand a lot of things. Now I understand these popular quotes about people come and go. It's all true, I understood this thanks to yoga.