Solved: I am UK citizen and have been in Canada 2 years on...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I am UK citizen and have been in Canada 2 years on Work Permit - 683 days...Filling tax return for 2014.... but I didn't file a tax return for 2013..What do I do ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I am UK citizen and have been in Canada 2 years on Work Permit - 683 days...Filling tax return for 2014.... but I didn't file a tax return for 2013..What do I do ?

You can still file a 2013 Return but it will have to be on paper. In fact you may want to
create both a 2013 and 2014 Return and mail them in together so that you get just one
Notice of Assessment for each year and no Reassessments.

Attach all your respective T-slips and schedules to each return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

You can still file a 2013 Return but it will have to be on paper. In fact you may want to
create both a 2013 and 2014 Return and mail them in together so that you get just one
Notice of Assessment for each year and no Reassessments.

Attach all your respective T-slips and schedules to each return.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, I presume I would be subject to the normal penalties for such a late submission ? (Never lived in a country that requires personal returns - was totally oblivious)  Would this be the precise paper paper copy http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/5006-r/README.html ?
Highlighted

I think there's no penalty as long as you don't owe them money for 2013
v