Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerch9

Can I prepare several tax returns?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your question.

Your TurboTax Premier Desktop software will allow you to prepare and file 12 returns with an income of more than $25,000 and 8 returns with an income below $25,000; for a total of 20 returns.

If you would like to upgrade any of your 8 returns with an income below $25,000, you can use this link for the steps:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189885-purchase-additional-returns

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Thank you for your question.

Your TurboTax Premier Desktop software will allow you to prepare and file 12 returns with an income of more than $25,000 and 8 returns with an income below $25,000; for a total of 20 returns.

If you would like to upgrade any of your 8 returns with an income below $25,000, you can use this link for the steps:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189885-purchase-additional-returns

Might I include...TurboTax allows you to netfile up to 20 returns.  There is no limit on how many returns may be started...this can be handy if you wish to create different scenarios, for tax planning.  One 'for instance' could be for seeing how much you may wish to purchase in RRSPs and what effect that will have on the tax return(s). 

For turbo tax online, you can prepare up to 20 returns per account (email address) Use the "tools" button at the top and click "return manager". Here is where you can create up to 19 more returns.

kvanin65

I am using Turbo Tax online and I do not have a "tools" button at the top. I only have a blue bar with Summary, Help and Feedback. Any suggestions?

Are you using desktop?  Go to "file" "new" to create more returns.

or is it the free version?

You can only pay for and submit 20 returns to CRA from an on-line account in any one tax year.