Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikichico

I bought a Turbotax Standard version in Costco a week ago, and I found that the license code of 16 digits doesn't work at all.

Bought turbo tax CD  and online download,license code not working . Always error even the code was put  exactly the right 

I bought a Turbotax Standard version in Costco a week ago, and I found that the license code of 16 digits doesn't work at all.

There was no code on the package only a Licence code inside> I have used Turbotax for years and never had this trouble????

There is NO card inside the box only the one with the Licence Code

Burbon

I Purchased the $99 Home & Business Turbotax at Costco. There was no code on the package only a Licence code inside & IT DOES NOT WORK. I have used Turbotax for years and never had this trouble?? How do I get my money back??? Please respond. 

Krb31

I do not use twitter or facebook  I would prefer a person and a phone number this is unacceptable 

@Krb31 

If you would like to contact our phone support team, you can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

cgaspari

Re: I bought a Turbotax Standard version in Costco a week ago, and I found that the license code of 16 digits doesn't work at all.

@cgaspari First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2022 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Same issue here. Also a Costco purchase.  Per the reply I, I saw no scratch off area, my license code was printed on an insert page. I'll call support tomorrow but I think TurboTax needs to get its act together.

Tried what you suggest, but that still doesn't work. I'll try calling your support line tomorrow but won't waste alot of time debugging; if you can't help me get your product working quickly, I'll just return it for a refund and use another product. Your QA process is flawed.