Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drsmith

I bought an activation code, opened it to start my return and now I see it says "great for mac users". Will the code work for windows as well or just for mac?

If it is just for Mac, can customer service exchange it for a windows one for me since I've opened the package but not activated anything yet?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I bought an activation code, opened it to start my return and now I see it says "great for mac users". Will the code work for windows as well or just for mac?

The mention of "Mac users" seems to indicate that this is the online version. The online version uses a web browser so it will work with any OS (including Windows) that has a supported web browser.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The mention of "Mac users" seems to indicate that this is the online version. The online version uses a web browser so it will work with any OS (including Windows) that has a supported web browser.

I filled everything out on line and when I try to enter the 11 digit code, it says I need to enter a valid pre-payment code... on the back of the card it is called an activation code.  Is this not the same thing?  It wants to charge me $18 each person again...after I already bought the online version at the store.  And that's not including my tax owing...