Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought Turbo Tax Standard but what I really need is the Home and Business. Can I upgrade with you over the phone?

I bought the standard with 8 returns.  I am a small business therefore I need the Home and Business.  Future Shop told me that I could upgrade with you, is this correct?  I tried contacting you on the phone but the option 1 for upgrading does not work.  How can I proceed please?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I bought Turbo Tax Standard but what I really need is the Home and Business. Can I upgrade with you over the phone?

Hello,

In TurboTax CD/Download, go to the Help menu and then click Upgrade. Select Upgrade my version of TurboTax. Click Switch Now for the Home & Business and then follow the onscreen instructions to purchase.

Then you won't have to call in!

Jacquelyn

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I just realized that my new laptop does not have a CD option, so I cannot use the CD in the box.  How do I proceed now to upgrade to Home and Business?

@daniellemarie56  If you don't have a CD drive, you can download the product here: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/Download-links-for-installing-TurboTax/INF150...
Use the install code that came in the box.

Hello,

In TurboTax CD/Download, go to the Help menu and then click Upgrade. Select Upgrade my version of TurboTax. Click Switch Now for the Home & Business and then follow the onscreen instructions to purchase.

Then you won't have to call in!

Jacquelyn

kern_lu

Stealing!