CanadaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesedhurd

I bought turbotax 2020 Standard this morning at Costco. I entered the activation code with NO SUCESS! what is wrong?..James Hurd 613-741-0813

12 Replies
FFW1
Returning Member

I bought turbotax 2020 Standard this morning at Costco. I entered the activation code with NO SUCESS! what is wrong?..James Hurd 613-741-0813

I just had the same issue and called customer support and found out that Turbotax only guarantees the activation code for 60 days and after that you are out of luck unless you can produce the receipt of purchase.  Nowhere on the sleeve that you pick up from Costco does it mention the 60 day timeline and customer service says you have to find that fine print on their website.  Customer service has advised that unless I can produce the receipt from Costco, I will have to buy a new product from them.  Customer service says that they have no record of me buying the product even though I used the code twice already on the same account to file two other family members taxes.  Essentially, extremely unhelpful and too bad and give us more money even though you already paid us once--cash grab!

kg099
Returning Member

This is well within the 60 day expiry.

The Costco receipt reads as follows:

TURBOTAX PRE ACTIVATED [phone number removed]886

2021/01/20 09:19:00 2 35 46

(That number is only 15-digits, so assumed it is not the activation key).

Key used unsuccessfully is the one from the Activation card.

Welcome help.

TurboImpotGinette

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for using TurboTax.

rcosta

I just bought mine this morning and its not working either ? 

TurboTaxHeba

The activation code is on the back of the card inside the box. It is different from the code on the receipt, you have to scratch the back of the card to reveal it. If you are still having issues with the activation code, we will be able to help you. We will need more information. Therefore, could you please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further.

I hope this was helpful

SaraLandon

you need to scratch off the area just below the 16 digits on the card that was in the box.

Shirley67

I bought the turbo tax at Costco have receipt however I scratched off the code but the system won’t take it. What do I do now?

Shirley67

I scratched off the code & entered it but it won’t take it? 

Shirley67

Is there a call line or email for turbo tax I can try?

v