There are a few reasons you might not be able to find the TurboTax Online return you’re looking for. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648026
Here is how you can print a copy of your tax return in TurboTax Online: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648070
Here is some information that may help you find your files if you used TurboTax CD/Download in previous years: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3285180
Here is how to save a PDF copy of your tax return in the CD/download edition of TurboTax: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2985586
To print or save a copy of your tax return for future reference, complete the following steps:
1. On the menu, select File, and then select Print Your Tax Return.
2. On the page that appears, select the link to download a PDF copy of your return.
The tax year 2017 or prior
Step-by-step instructions to download and print a copy of your tax return
Before you begin, pay for your tax return
The option to print a tax return is visible only after you pay for that tax return in the online edition of TurboTax. If you filed your tax return, it means you already paid for it. You only need to pay once. In other words, if you don’t pay for a particular tax return, TurboTax doesn’t give you access to the print option for that tax return.
After you pay, the File menu lists the print option. If you haven’t paid for the tax return that you want to print, before continuing with the instruction below, pay for your tax return.
If you used TurboTax Free to complete your tax return
- TurboTax Free for the current or previous tax year (2018 or 2017): You don’t have to pay to be able to print your tax return, but you still have to go through the payment section to get to the print option.
- TurboTax Free for the tax year 2016: Refer to the following FAQ to find out how to print your tax return: How do I print my tax return in the online edition of TurboTax Free for the tax year 2016?
Steps to print your tax return
- Depending on the tax return you need to print if you aren’t already signed in to TurboTax, sign in to the year of the tax return that you need to print.
- After you sign in, TurboTax lists all of your tax returns. If you are not on this page, do the following:
- For the current tax year (2018): On the menu, select My Account Returns, and then select View all tax returns.
- For the tax year 2017 or prior: At the upper-right corner of TurboTax, select Tools, and then select Return Manager.
- On the page that lists all the tax returns, to open the return that you want to print, select Continue. TurboTax displays the page where you left off the last time you used TurboTax.
- Do one of the following:
- For the current tax year (2018): On the menu, select File, and then select Print Your Tax Return.
- For the tax year 2017 or prior: On the horizontal navigation bar across the top of your TurboTax page, select File and then select Print Your Tax Return. The navigation bar is visible only if you completed at least the Intro (personal information) and the Profile steps.
If you used TurboTax Online last year, sign in to TurboTax Online for the tax year 2017 here: https://ww1.2017.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/. If you used TurboTax CD/Download and you saved it on your computer you can simply go to the Start button on the bottom left of your screen and click on Start and you will see a small search bar - type in .tt17 and you will find it there. If you did not save it, unfortunately, there is not a way to access it.