Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t find my 2022 income tax file

Simply can’t find the file. Where did it go?
4 Replies

A you help me find my return.  The government says they do not have it

Go check in your Canada Revenue Agency  'My Account' to make sure your return is not there. If it is not there, it means it wasn't filed. If it wasn't filed, you need to file it following these instructions. In TurboTax Online, how do I submit my tax return to the CRA using NETFILE?

If you used TurboTax online sign in using this link. Enter the username and password you created when you did your return.

If you used TurboTax download, it should be saved in your documents with the file ending in .tt22 (or whatever the year you are looking for).

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

jsteve

BS Answers.

I cannot find my *.t22 file either, because last year I did it online. There does not seem to be anyway to connect. Horrible system from this respect. And no support.

Now I purchased the in computer system, and I have to start from scratch to enter all of last years information. Lots wrong here. Is there an alternative company?

Also when I go online to my account they keep trying to sell me an online version???? When the account shows the computer version?

What a mess.

John

You can find your file if you open it up on your TurboTax Online account- However, you can't transfer it unto the TurboTax Desktop/Download version. These 2 versions are not compatible going from Online to Desktop but only in reverse. If you would prefer going back to TurboTax Online, please let us know and we will be glad to assist you.