Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

I cannot save my return when I press save. I get a TT401 error. What now?

I changed it to a different file, same error TT404.  I tried saving it to another part of my space.  Same error TT401.  I am stuck with changes I need to make but the software will not save it.  The software tells me I have the latest 2018 software.

7 Replies
Level 1

I called TT support (25 minutes on hold), and was immediately told they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

I suggested that they should post this in the AnswerXchange, as I wasted 3 hours looking for and trying fixes listed in this forum, reinstalled TT, and even tried creating a new file and saving (it would not save).

Apparently Intuit has decided to hide and not make users aware of what is happening, as I suggested they post more than 12 hours ago.

TT has really let its Canadian customers down.

Level 1

Thanks for response, your experience and mine are the same.  I had completed 95% of my wife's and my 2018 taxes, then suddenly out of the blue, it stopped saving some small, but important changes to my tax data.  The deadline for me is this Saturday (3 days) and I am twirling my thumbs until someone at TT has an answer.  I have started entering my tax data into the CRA fillable forms such as T1 General, T4, T5, etc.  It is laborious (compared to TT), but it seems I have no choice if I have to meet my deadline.  
Level 1

I did everything suggested too, and have no way of completing or saving files either.  Not impressed, as I use a lot of Intuit products for me bookkeeping business :(
Level 1

This TT401 error message is something that Turbo Tax had anticipated in their software because it is their error code.  Yet, nobody from TT seems to want to give us information on why we might be getting the error and potential solutions.  Actions taken by us such as changing the file name, trying to store the file on a different part of our unused disc space, uninstalling our current software and then installing it again (the same software no doubt) do not work.  Help us Turbo Tax, even if it is to tell us officially that you have no solution and that we should go elsewhere - I am going to a paper solution to meet my deadline of this Saturday.
Level 1

I started TT Canada H&B this morning. Did not see it update, but for some reason it will save my file. Try yours and report here please. I called the President's Office this morning, and would like to know if it works for others, not just me.
Level 1

Sorry, I am not sure what your post is saying exactly.  Can you explain more.
Level 1

My installation started working again this morning, saving the file. Not sure why.