Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Apr 16, 2023 1:16:19 AM

I clicked "Upgrade to the Live Full Service" but would like to move back to my original plan ("Live Assist & Review Self-Employed option"). How can I do this?

It seems the only option for me is to sign the DocSign. There is no button for me to click to go back to my original plan and continue editing..

0 2 489
1 Best answer
Apr 16, 2023 9:39:50 AM

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

2 Replies
Apr 16, 2023 9:39:50 AM

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

Level 2
Apr 23, 2023 12:13:49 AM

Thanks for the kind clarification. Best.