Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mld3393

Why is my husband's total pension income approximately $15K more than the total of all his T4 slips? How can I correct this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is my husband's total pension income approximately $15K more than the total of all his T4 slips? How can I correct this?

Please go back through the Income section and review the income amounts you have entered. Specifically, check the T4s and T4As you have entered. Also, review the numbers themselves - maybe you accidentally put a decimal in the wrong spot for one of the numbers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Please go back through the Income section and review the income amounts you have entered. Specifically, check the T4s and T4As you have entered. Also, review the numbers themselves - maybe you accidentally put a decimal in the wrong spot for one of the numbers.

mld3393

There are only three income amounts to enter, a very simple return.  I have checked them numerous times as well as adding them up the old fashioned way with a calculator.  Could the total income include something from another source (he only has a T4A (OAS), a T4A (P) and a T4A, no other forms at all)?  I am doing both my return and his together, but my total income is correct.  Could there be a transference of information somehow?  I am going to delete everything and start over to see if that helps.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
mld3393

Once I deleted all T4 information for both returns, my husband's total income still lists approximately $15K (the difference between his real income and the TurboTax calculation.  This sounds like a glitch somewhere ... what can I do??

I'd recommend contacting TurboTax Support: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Our wait times are less than 5 minutes right now.