Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
If you experience technical issues while doing your taxes, you can get the latest information in

The Help Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I dont think i have to pay for Turbo Tax standard, how do I switch to Turbo Tax free without starting over?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I dont think i have to pay for Turbo Tax standard, how do I switch to Turbo Tax free without starting over?

Hello,

There is no way to "downgrade" a return once you've started it.  What you could do is start a new return: go to Tools at the top > Return Manager > Start a new return > select the Free product when it asks which version you want to use. All returns you create are stored in the Return Manager.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hello,

There is no way to "downgrade" a return once you've started it.  What you could do is start a new return: go to Tools at the top > Return Manager > Start a new return > select the Free product when it asks which version you want to use. All returns you create are stored in the Return Manager.

View solution in original post