Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 29, 2019 11:50:43 PM

I entered employment income of $1066 but have been reassessed by that amount because it did not show up as part of my total income. Why would that be?

Employment income that I entered did not show up in the total and was reassessed. Why?

0 3 694
1 Best answer
Oct 29, 2019 11:50:44 PM

It could easily depend on how and where you entered it.  You can add income via T4, T5, T4A, or income not on a Tslip, which are all in the income section.  If you just plugged it into a calculated cell, it may not have worked.

3 Replies
Oct 29, 2019 11:50:44 PM

It could easily depend on how and where you entered it.  You can add income via T4, T5, T4A, or income not on a Tslip, which are all in the income section.  If you just plugged it into a calculated cell, it may not have worked.

Oct 29, 2019 11:50:46 PM

This is a good answer, but does not apply in this situation. I submitted it as a T4 in the income section, so it should have been calculated. Considering that, why else might I have been reassessed because the total income as determined by TurboTax was incorrect?

Oct 29, 2019 11:50:47 PM

I can't hazard a guess why, then.  Your entry should have been perfectly okay. There have been some failures of the save function, but why that would be, I don't know.  I can give you the link for support if you like.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/