Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kie123

I get an error code TT600 when trying to use auto fill. How do i resolve this issue?

6 Replies

I get an error code TT600 when trying to use auto fill. How do i resolve this issue?

The most common reason for the error is that your version of Turbotax isn't the most up-to-date version. Please save and close any open returns and close the program. When you reopen, when the prompt to check for updates appears, select Yes. Updating your software should solve the issue.

I can assure you that I am on the latest update/build of TT 2022 premier. Autofill fails when attempting to importing MRQ (Quebec) data. It imports fine for CRA.

I have restarted the program twice as well as my computer. Still get error code TT600 and says to contact support. 

Called twice. They hung up on my twice. Guess they too are suffering from error code TT600!

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When the system asks if you want an email say NO to speak to a representative.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

🤣I called twice and both times the call got disconnected.  When it did connect, your support rep seemed to be yelling at children in the background.

Besides, today is too late...we had to file by May 1st.🙄

It is clearly a bug. 

I think I know what caused the problem. And worked around it.

It happens when TT attempts to import too much data from MRQ after importing CRA. Likely more than what your programmers expected.  TT also has another issue that I've experienced for 3 years now when it does successfully import as it 'duplicates' the slips already imported  from CRA. 

So, if I have 20 slips to import, import CRA fine. When I do Quebec, and it fails or succeeds, I now have 40 in my Federal return.  The name label is blank but the amounts are there. (BTW: that is an old bug that you have not corrected...)

Hope this helps you. 

In any case I filed my taxes.

Thanks..?😏

TrevorAB

You would think that a consumer facing product would have more helpful error codes.  This looks to be too long a text input for the name field.  not hard to code for that. in some cultures names are very long. Also, people pass away so why I can't follow CRA direction and write "The estate of" is beyond poor product function

@TrevorAB If the person has passed away, you'll need to print & mail the return. You can write "The estate of" on the paper copy.