Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmwfor2

I have entered all my T4, T4A, T4A(P) slips but the total net income does not match the numbers I have entered. Any explainations?

The income I have entered from the T4 does not match the Total net employment earnings. 

It appears that the income from my T4A T4A(P) and T4 have been combined in some way and the total all the slips does not match what is showing up on the Total Income Line.

3 Replies

I have entered all my T4, T4A, T4A(P) slips but the total net income does not match the numbers I have entered. Any explainations?

Without seeing your entire tax situation, we can't determine where the discrepancy is coming from via this forum. 

If you double check your entries and verify them to be correct, then go through the "Review" section of TurboTax, if you have made any errors, you will be notified of them.

I have done this as well and have gone over them 3 times.  3 different ways.  The turbo tax totals are out by almost $300. more than totals on slips.  Did you ever find out why there was a difference on yours?

Not having access to your tax return makes it more challenging to advise what is happening, however, I recommend deleting your T4s and re-enter your T4 and if the difference reoccurs go to  "Review" section of TurboTax, if you have made any errors, you will be notified of them.