Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two intuit accounts linked to the same email. I have all my quickbooks and mint stuff on one and turbotax on a separate id .. I would like to merge them

7 Replies

I have two intuit accounts linked to the same email. I have all my quickbooks and mint stuff on one and turbotax on a separate id .. I would like to merge them

We can help with that. I'll send an email with details to the email address you have listed on your TurboTax account.

Jasmine77

I have a similar issue. I've filed 2 tax years with Turbo Tax. When I went to sign in and access those returns just now, I couldn't recall my login info so I gave my email address and was texted a code to enter, which got me my username and then I was able to enter a new password.

When I went to access the returns, it told me I had no returns with that account, but that there was another account with my email address so I should sign out and sign into that account. 

What the ???

I don't know how I could have two accounts, but I have no idea how to access the one that has my returns as I'm caught in this loop of giving my email address and being directed to the account with no returns. Help.

I have the same issue - what is the solution?

I have the same issue and really frustrated that this has continually been ignored... 

Please TurboTax ~ ANSWER THE QUESTION!! 

Why do I have three account? 

Why can't I see my returns? 

Why can't I merge or delete 2 or three accounts and have everything in one place? 

I don't even know how I got multiple accounts in the first place... it's very lame. 

The only way you would have 3 online accounts is if you created them.  When you log into TurboTax you need to make sure that you log in using the same ID as you did in the previous year so that you can see your returns and if needed transfer to the following year.  Please contact our phone support team for more information.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

shejb

Hey Brenda, I doubt you meant it to be, the the tone I read in your response was...snarky? condescending? tired?  It is pretty easy to inadvertently create multiple accounts when 1) you don't know the imperative to repeatedly login with the same information, 2) most of us only think about this once a year, so memory can fail, 3) Intuit doesn't post advice or a reminder to watch for that when creating a return...etc.   Maybe you guys could start putting some sort of solution together.  Lots of people (by the number i see up top) are looking for it.

You are correct- that it wasn't meant in the tone you suggested- Thank you for your feedback, and we will send your request to our engineers.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.