Solved: I just bought turbotax 2014 @staples and cannot in...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I just bought turbotax 2014 @staples and cannot install. I keep getting my 2013 return and want to start 2014. Where do I enter the activation code?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I just bought turbotax 2014 @staples and cannot install. I keep getting my 2013 return and want to start 2014. Where do I enter the activation code?

Check your product packaging again, as it may not be an activation for a download.  It be similar to a prepayment card for filing after you complete your tax return.

Also note this information on the website.  You might be a bit early.

"TurboTax Online 2014 is coming in mid-January!"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Could you provide more information. Was there an error during TurboTax 2014 installation, or are you always seeing TurboTax 2013 instead of TurboTax 2014 when you are attempting to open it?
Highlighted

Also is this TurboTax Desktop 2014 Or TurboTax Online for Mac Users?
Highlighted

Iam seeing  2013 instead of 2014. Turbo tax online for mac users
Highlighted

Presumably only the 2013 version on Turbotax is mounted on-line at the moment.
(This would also be true for CRA's NetFile service, which is still open, just, for 2013 returns).
You will have to wait a couple of weeks patiently until Turbotax 2014 on-line is CRA certified, then you can use the on-line service for 2014 tax year and your prepayment code. Staples is jumping the gun, to no useful purpose.
Highlighted

It is an activation code--should I wait until mid-Jan?
Highlighted

Check your product packaging again, as it may not be an activation for a download.  It be similar to a prepayment card for filing after you complete your tax return.

Also note this information on the website.  You might be a bit early.

"TurboTax Online 2014 is coming in mid-January!"

View solution in original post

v