Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milasch

How do I remove a negative amount of self-employment income from my income tax?

I had in previous years reported self-employment income from some consulting work I have done, however in 2014 I had no extra income, only income from T4 slips. However for some reason in my summary page I am seeing a negative amount of $-112.00 in my summary page as Net self-employment income, and I can't seem to fix that. What is that amount and how do I remove it?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

At a guess, it may be CCA on a capital asset still being calculated.  You will need to either go to forms and type in T2125, or if online, go to the income tab, self-employment and zero whatever you find there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

At a guess, it may be CCA on a capital asset still being calculated.  You will need to either go to forms and type in T2125, or if online, go to the income tab, self-employment and zero whatever you find there.

milasch

I'm guessing there's some info in my self-employment income that I cannot clear it without upgrading to TurboTax Home & Business.

You can try beginning a new return.  Do not import prior year info.  Answer all the questions and input any carry forwards manually.  You may be able to avoid the problem.
milasch

I'll do that. Thanks for your help.