I need to access a return filed for tax year 2008....

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I need to access a return filed for tax year 2008. 2008 Quicktax program installed but won't open the file until I update & it won't update.

I am using windows 10 and have installed the standard version of Quicktax for the tax year 2008.

3 Replies
Highlighted

I need to access a return filed for tax year 2008. 2008 Quicktax program installed but won't open the file until I update & it won't update.

2008 Quicktax was never designed for Win 10 and likely can't be updated to do so.  You can get all prior year tax packages from CRA.  You will just have to do it manually.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years.html

Highlighted

I'm not looking for a tax package. I want to view the return I filed with Quicktax for 2008.
Highlighted

You will likely have to get a copy from CRA.  Old software is not very cooperative on new operating systems.
v