Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewingbt

I need to change other income to self employed and even when I change the survey questions it will not remove the other income.

1 Reply

I need to change other income to self employed and even when I change the survey questions it will not remove the other income.

Changing the survey questions doesn’t remove any amounts that you entered, and those amounts will still be used in tax calculations. You need to go back to where you entered the amount and remove the number there, and then change your interview answers.

To get back to Other Employment Income in TurboTax Online, click on the “Find” icon in the top right and search for “tips”. Select “Tips, Gratuities and Other Employment Income” from the list and then click the “Go” button. Delete any numbers that you no longer need there, and click “Continue” to save your info.

If you put your amount in Other Income, you can get there by searching for “other” using the Find tool. Select “Other Income Sources” from the list and then click the “Go” button. Delete any numbers that you no longer need there, and click “Continue” to save your info.

When you have removed the other income amount, you can get to the Self-Employment section by searching for “Self” with the Find tool. Select “Self-Employment” and then click the “Go” button.