Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchov

Will not let me file with netfile because no numbers are entered for boxes 21 and 23 for T4A information. On official from government this boxes are blank

Will not let me file with netfile because no numbers are entered for boxes 21 and 23 for T4A information. On official from government this boxes are blank

I have only entered information in boxes 14-19 on the T4AP form not box 20 as there isn't one. The form in question is a T4A(P) and boxes that have information inside are 20, 22, 12 and 15 because of survivor benefit

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I think you are confusing the different slips. The T4A doesn’t have a box 21 or 23. Those are on the T4A(P), and they are required. You must put the number of months in box 23 if you got a retirement benefit (box 14). You must put the number of months that you were disabled if you received disability benefits (box 16). If you don’t have them on your slip, then the slip has a mistake. You can contact the CCP and get an amended one: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/contact/cpp.html

You do not need to enter the amount that appears in Box 20 of your T4A(P).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bchov

Hello again, looking at the answer I was not specific enough . The form is the T4A(P) and the boxes that have information inside are 20, 22 and 15 because it is a survivor benefit.
Brian

I think you are confusing the different slips. The T4A doesn’t have a box 21 or 23. Those are on the T4A(P), and they are required. You must put the number of months in box 23 if you got a retirement benefit (box 14). You must put the number of months that you were disabled if you received disability benefits (box 16). If you don’t have them on your slip, then the slip has a mistake. You can contact the CCP and get an amended one: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/contact/cpp.html

You do not need to enter the amount that appears in Box 20 of your T4A(P).

andsail

T4A(P)  box 21 is blank.  What do I enter?

KLI1

The box 21 and 23 are empty. It is an error message that I cannot fix.