Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Apr 27, 2021 9:30:16 PM

I upgraded the turbotax to live assist and review twice and it's telling me that my total is now twice as much. how do I cancel one upgrade

0 2 954
2 Replies
Apr 28, 2021 5:51:25 AM

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product.

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”, and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it.

If you have TurboTax Live Assist & Review, here is how to talk to a Tax Expert: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assist-review-how-do-i-talk-to-a-tax-expert/00/873764

Returning Member
Apr 28, 2021 8:22:40 AM

Thanks Susan, I have a scheduled appointment for tax review on Friday, does this still happen if I start a new return? 

As well, I upgraded the same tier twice, because it asked me again and made me feel like I hadn't done it. 

As a result, I have ONE return with TWO 'live assist and review' profiles on it. Isn't this a software flaw? Why does it keep advertising to me that I need to upgrade, when I already have? Where do I see my upgraded status?