Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to "pay" with my VISA for this software. Do I have to wait until I "file" to do so?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to "pay" with my VISA for this software. Do I have to wait until I "file" to do so?

You don't have to. You can pay anytime by clicking the "Buy Now" button at the top right in black and white.

TurboTax Online charges you per return based on your tax situation. For Example, if your return includes self employment income from a business you own you will be charged for TurboTax Home & Business when you file. On the other hand, if you select Home and Business at the beginning but you return ends up qualifying for TurboTax Free you could have no charge at all. I would wait to the end to pay. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You don't have to. You can pay anytime by clicking the "Buy Now" button at the top right in black and white.

TurboTax Online charges you per return based on your tax situation. For Example, if your return includes self employment income from a business you own you will be charged for TurboTax Home & Business when you file. On the other hand, if you select Home and Business at the beginning but you return ends up qualifying for TurboTax Free you could have no charge at all. I would wait to the end to pay.