Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to upgrade turbotax to standard to professional and keep last year's data transferred over?It is for my son who started a small business.

i mean business version for small business. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to upgrade turbotax to standard to professional and keep last year's data transferred over?It is for my son who started a small business.

You can start a new return in TurboTax Standard Online using the info from last year. Then continue through the return until you get to the Income part of the Interview. You’ll then see an Upgrade link at the bottom of the left side menu. You can click on it to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed Online.

If you have a code for Standard, you can still use it, you’ll just be asked to pay the difference in price.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can start a new return in TurboTax Standard Online using the info from last year. Then continue through the return until you get to the Income part of the Interview. You’ll then see an Upgrade link at the bottom of the left side menu. You can click on it to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed Online.

If you have a code for Standard, you can still use it, you’ll just be asked to pay the difference in price.