Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged $19.99 for each return; I thought $19.99 would get you 4 returns. wtf?

3 Replies

I was charged $19.99 for each return; I thought $19.99 would get you 4 returns. wtf?

• The "Standard" online edition is charged per tax return regularly priced at $19.99 - I think you are referring to the downloaded version "Basic" edition which gives you 4 returns for $19.99.
  • If you signed into an online account and started a "Standard" edition, you will get to the payment screen when you have completed your tax return and be charged $19.99 ( if there are no upgrades or offers added).
  •  But if you purchased the "Basic" downloaded edition then you have been provided with a 21 digit installation key code when you purchased it (on the receipt in the email sent you), to be applied when you download the software to your computer. (choosing the "Basic" edition) You do not need to sign into any online account.
  • You would access the TurboTax Canada 2019 software in whatever location the file saved on your computer (usually saves an icon on your desktop) - open the software and proceed to do your 4 tax returns.

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Footnote: We at TurboTax want to encourage you and your close family to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Please review the articles provided below for more information during these difficult times: 

This information is not available when you start. It is totally not clear until you get to the end and they charge you double what you are expecting.

And, thanks for hanging up on me when I called to ask. Jerks.

@akimilarson2 - Sorry to hear that your experience with customer service was less than optimal. When you are on our website it clearly states $19.99 per return for our TurboTax Online version. We offer our TurboTax Basic which is a download version that is good for 4 returns for $19.99.