Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheryl-Y

I was deducted my owed vacation amount in gross from my last payroll on the net amount instead of the gross, where can I claim it on the tax return

Because I quit the company before I worked for the whole year, they deduct the vacation amount in gross from my last pay net pay after all statutory deduction, which I over paid some CPP, EI, and Tax. I contacted CPA and they said I can file it on my tax return. However, I couldn't find any where I can enter the amount of repayment. Please help me out for the my concern. Thank you very much

3 Replies

I was deducted my owed vacation amount in gross from my last payroll on the net amount instead of the gross, where can I claim it on the tax return

Did you receive a slip from your employer with the information?
Cheryl-Y

I requested and they give a letter to prove the deduction to my last payroll net pay was the repayment of the vacation owing amount.

Under the “Deductions” Tab, in the “Other Deductions” sub menu, select “Miscellaneous Deductions”.

You can put your CCP over payment in the box next to “Canada or Québec pension plan benefits paid back”. The other repayment amounts you can add together and put into the last box “Other deductions…”.