Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rboscan23

I worked NOT simultaneously with two employer in 2017. How many t777 should I fill out? 2? one per employer? . or. only 1? summarizing all my expenses for 2017?

I worked NOT simultaneously with two employer in 2017. How many t777 should I fill out? 2? one per employer? . or. only 1? summarizing all my expenses for 2017?

3 Replies

If you had two separate employers, you should enter 2 separate T777's when using TurboTax Premier.

Bronwyn

Ok but what if you have 3 employers, turbotax only seems to allow me  to add employment expenses for 2 employers and I had 3

Unfortunately, only 2 spots are provided for employment expenses in this section as it is uncommon to claim expenses for more than two employers in a tax year.

However, you do have options:

• a) add all the expenses together for all employers and declare them as one entry. With this option, you'll need to send a note to CRA after filing to itemize the 3 different employers.
  • b) submit only information relating to 2 employers and then file an adjustment to your filed return to include the 3rd.

For more information, if needed, please review the link provided below: