Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my wifes disability amount is reduced by 94% as she earned most of her money on reserve this above the 6% should be put on line 242 how can I do that on this program?

My wife is disabled and gets a di pension from cpp because she earned most of her income on native land and she is a status indian the cra have amended her taxes back to 2008 and allow her only to claim 6% of her pension as taxable. They put the rest of the amount on line 242 allowable deduction for Status Indian

1 Reply

If my wifes disability amount is reduced by 94% as she earned most of her money on reserve this above the 6% should be put on line 242 how can I do that on this program?

If Canada Pension Plan has issued a T4A(P) to your wife that properly reflects the taxable amount for 2017, you can enter that slip in TurboTax as you normally would. 

As there is no line 242 on the T1 General tax return itself that relates to the Status Indian exemption, I would suggest clarifying with CRA how to properly report this.

CRA General Enquiries 1-800-959-8281. The following link gives the extended hours for tax season.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html