Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewasiuka

If I have already purchased standard CD and now need to use my iPad for taxes can I use the installation key code on CD instead of purchasing again online?

1 Reply

If I have already purchased standard CD and now need to use my iPad for taxes can I use the installation key code on CD instead of purchasing again online?

You cannot "exchange" these programs as the CD/Download requires and Installation Key Code (IKC), and the Online version requires a prepayment or activation code.

If you purchased your CD/Download version of TurboTax from a retail store, you'll have to put in a Refund Request form to get your fees refunded for the program purchased in error.

You can then make a new purchase of the Online software you prefer directly from the TurboTax site.

Here are links to the "Refund Request Form":

You can always do a "test drive" and start with a lower version of our Online software,  then if you would like more guidance, you can upgrade and your information will carry over to the upgraded version. Just remember you cannot "downgrade" back to the lower version. With the Online version, you do not pay until you complete your return.

Here's a link to the complete TurboTax line-up: TurboTax Online Software