Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I file the grants that I received from OSAP?

When I login into my national student loan account, there are 2 tax documents one called federal statement and the other one is the provincial statement. Do I add the numbers on these two statements for box 105 on T4A? My school doesn't provide T4A this year, only T2202A so I am not sure where to look for the right amount to put on T4A box 105 (I've already filed T2202A, it was straightforward) 

1 Reply
Level 7

How do I file the grants that I received from OSAP?

If you are a full-time student, this is considered a bursary and is not taxable. So you don't have to report it: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...