Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaness-t

"SIN begins with 9, and your tax return for the previous tax year has not yet been processed" turbotax question. First QC tax return but filed ON tax return before

I moved from ON to QC. My SIN begins with a 9. When using NETFILE QC, turbo tax asks if "Your SIN begins with 9, and your tax return for the previous tax year has not yet been processed". This is my first QC tax return, but have filed all my federal/ON tax returns in previous years. What should my answer to this question be? The question isn't clear as to whether it's referring specifically to previous quebec tax return or any other previous tax return.

1 Reply

"SIN begins with 9, and your tax return for the previous tax year has not yet been processed" turbotax question. First QC tax return but filed ON tax return before

If you're getting the message when you attempt to send your return to NetFile Québec, then the message is about your Québec return. It sounds like as a first-time Quebéc filer,  you'll need to print and mail your Québec return.