Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no Releve 1 for T4A- RCA?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In CD/download editions of TurboTax, the workaround to enter an RL-1 equivalent to an T4A-RCA:

1. Switch to Forms view by selecting the Forms button in the upper-right.
  2. In Forms view, select the T-Slips button in the bottom-left.
  3. From the menu on the left, select T4A-RCA.
  4. Note the column number your T4A-RCA amounts are in.
  5. Select the Quebec Slips button on the bottom-left of the Slips window
  6. From the menu on the left, select RL-1.
  7. Enter the amounts from the RL-1 that matches your T4A-RCA in the column number that matched the column you noted in step 4.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Do you reside in Quebec?

Obviously I live in Quebec - Releve 1 is a Quebec form!! Your software does not follow T4A-RCA with a Relevel 1 for RCA's . Can you add one or tell me how to add RCA amount in Quebec tax.

Lots of people live outside of Quebec but work in Quebec or for companies based in Quebec. The distinction is important, as it effects how you enter your amounts.

In CD/download editions of TurboTax, the workaround to enter an RL-1 equivalent to an T4A-RCA:

1. Switch to Forms view by selecting the Forms button in the upper-right.
  2. In Forms view, select the T-Slips button in the bottom-left.
  3. From the menu on the left, select T4A-RCA.
  4. Note the column number your T4A-RCA amounts are in.
  5. Select the Quebec Slips button on the bottom-left of the Slips window
  6. From the menu on the left, select RL-1.
  7. Enter the amounts from the RL-1 that matches your T4A-RCA in the column number that matched the column you noted in step 4.

Yes, this worked. Interestingly when I opened the RL-1 t-slip it had the RCA number already listed in the same column. This is therefore a software glitch that needs to be corrected and eliminate customer frustration. Furthermore an earlier response that the software"should" work without previous testing and analysis is worthless- hopefully a lesson learned.

In online editions of TurboTax:

When you've entered that your province of residence is Quebec in the Setting Up section, TurboTax should automatically prompt you to enter your Quebec amounts (from your RL slips) right after you've entered your federal amounts (from your t-slips).

Once you've entered your amounts on the T4-RCA, choose the button on the right to create a matching RL-1 to enter your Quebec amounts.

To jump to the T4A-RCA:

1. Sign in to your account and open your return
  2. Select the Find button in the upper-right
  3. Type T4A-RCA and select Go.

This answer DOES NOT work. I am a Quebec resident and for all previous entries, both the federal and Quebec Releves followed each other so I could enter both Federal and Quebec info. The Releve 1 form does not come up after entry of T4A-RCA in order to enter the Quebec amount. This is a software problem - TO BE FiXED.

On the T4A-RCA step in TurboTax, does it not have the buttons as indicated in the image above?
If so, what happens when you click it?

I see the problem now. I'll post another reply as an answer so I can attach some screenshots on what you need to do. Just a hang on a second...