Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 11:50:27 PM

Input income from self-employment...someone told me i need line item 162 but don't know how to get there to input my extra income

0 2 1170
1 Best answer
Oct 30, 2019 11:50:29 PM

You don’t enter the amount directly on Line 162. Instead you would use the T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities, or the Self-Employment part of the TurboTax interview.

If you are using TurboTax Online, use the “Find” tool to search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, use the “Find” tool to search for “bus”. Select “Business Profile” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

2 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 11:50:29 PM

You don’t enter the amount directly on Line 162. Instead you would use the T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities, or the Self-Employment part of the TurboTax interview.

If you are using TurboTax Online, use the “Find” tool to search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, use the “Find” tool to search for “bus”. Select “Business Profile” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

Oct 30, 2019 11:50:31 PM

So, once the amount is added to "Sales, Comissions or fees" on the T2125, will it automatically fill line 135 & 162? The summary only shows line 135 (it used to also show 162). Does the amount also need to go onto line 104? I seem to recall someone telling me this in previous years.