Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
funkr

Is it possible to download from CRA using forms method rather than through "EasyStep"

I would rather not go through the EasyStep process, and would like to download from CRA directly into TurboTax.  Is there  dropdown somewhere that will allow me to do that?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Mark46

Is it possible to download from CRA using forms method rather than through "EasyStep"

Hi,

As part of a recent update in TurboTax the option to download from the CRA is now available in the "File" menu as "Import Tax Data From CRA"

It will take you into the EasyStep flow at the correct point, and return you back to Forms after the import is complete.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Mark46

Hi,

As part of a recent update in TurboTax the option to download from the CRA is now available in the "File" menu as "Import Tax Data From CRA"

It will take you into the EasyStep flow at the correct point, and return you back to Forms after the import is complete.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the information Mark@TurboTax
geno1

Nope doesn't exist in s/w.  And when I hit YES to let me know when someone answer this comment, I get a page not found.  who are you hiring to code this software and website?

Hello Geno, The supporting service from the CRA is not currently available and will not be turned on from the CRA side until February 20th, 2017. Since we are pulling the data from the CRA via this service (Auto-fill), it will be made available in the product at that time.

Hello Geno,
 The supporting service from the CRA is not currently available and will not be turned on from the CRA side until February 20th, 2017. Since we are pulling the data from the CRA via this service (Auto-fill), it will be made available in the product at that time.
geno1

THANK YOU.  But seriously.  Don't advertise EASY, don't say it can be done, don't make it hard to find, and DO SAY NOT AVAIL on the box and everywhere else.  When one spends 30 minutes trying, then researching, then waiting...  and appreciating the response, this ISN'T EASY, nor polite.  Intuit should be better than that!  THANKS

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. You can use the Easy step guide to upload your CRA files then switch to forms to complete your return.

Autofill my return is only available in the Easy step interview at the income section.  This is not available from the forms method.  I do apologize.

Thank you,

Leeanne@TurboTax

geno1

box says easy download from CRA.  NOPE...  after hunting you think it is via easy form... NOPE.  dosn't exist as an option ANYWHERE in the s/w home and bus ed.