Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I can use turbotax online? I can't sign into turbotax online because my apple safari can't open the page because it can't establish a secure connection.

I recently paid $30 for the turbotax online edition to use because I have a mac computer but I have run into the problem that I cannot sign into turbotax. Whenever I try to sign into turbotax it brings me to a page that says "safari can't open the page, safari can't establish a secure connection." My apple safari is a 6.1 which is the right system requirement for turbotax. I have asked apple and they said that websites have to have strong encryption to provide a secure web connection but that does not really solve my problem. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on how I can use turbotax on my mac? Thanks. 

1 Reply

Is there a way I can use turbotax online? I can't sign into turbotax online because my apple safari can't open the page because it can't establish a secure connection.

Have you tried a different browser? Consider installing another browser (like Chrome or Firefox) and giving it a try. You can always remove the browser after you've filed if you'd prefer not to have a browser other than Safari on your machine.