Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this service free? I am asked for a payment of $44.00 and am unable to submit my tax return. I am being penalized by Revenue Canada daily

I am unable to submit my tax return?

6 Replies

Is this service free? I am asked for a payment of $44.00 and am unable to submit my tax return. I am being penalized by Revenue Canada daily

What service are you referring to?  The software? You do not pay to use Netfile you pay to use the software to do your taxes.

I got as far as where you submit, then I’m asked for payment.  I was under the impression that this was free

Did you use the free version? Did you upgrade from the free?

I wanted the free version.  Can you help me send it in?

If you have upgraded to the paying version you will either have to pay or start a new return in the FREE (do not upgrade when asked)

Here is the link to the FREE version : https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/free-online.jsp

Please review the link below to explain the process of filing late:

Do I have to pay interest for filing my tax return late or paying my balance late?https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648001