EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Last year I filed my tax return and then realized that I never claimed income for my self-employment, for which no income tax is deducted. How do I add that this year?

I had approximately $7000 in respite/nannying work that I didn't claim last year, but I know that you can change returns for up to 10 years afterwards. How do I go about doing that on this year's return? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Last year I filed my tax return and then realized that I never claimed income for my self-employment, for which no income tax is deducted. How do I add that this year?

Since you had income during the previous tax year, it should be reported in 2013.
If you already filed for 2013, you should file a T1-Adj. for 2013,attaching any paystubs or failing that a note explaining the adjustment. Don't resubmit a 2013 return.

If you did not yet file a 2013 return, you can still do that now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Thanks for the response! Yes, it was for the tax return I filed in early 2014 which would have been for the 2013 tax year. I can only estimate how much I made, because at times, I was paid in cash. I don't have record of any earnings as it was for respite care and nannying for a few families I know. I want to make sure I am being truthful, so I want to amend it. Can I print that form from a website somewhere? Also, should I proceed and file my return for this year as usual? Or should l wait until this is fixed?

If you could provide some additional info, I would really appreciate it!

Go ahead with your 2014 filing. You can send the 2013 adjustment anytime.
I suggest wait until your 2014 tax is assessed.

You should have a pdf archive version of your 2013,return.
If you don't, then login to Turbotax 2013 and access your return, download the pdf archive.
( assume you used Turbotax on-line 2013).

When you generate the T1-adj. for 2013, attach a spreadsheet or note with your best estimate
of earnings, which you can add on line 104.

Your 2013 taxes will be reassessed and you may be directed to pay a balance due to CRA.

Since you had income during the previous tax year, it should be reported in 2013.
If you already filed for 2013, you should file a T1-Adj. for 2013,attaching any paystubs or failing that a note explaining the adjustment. Don't resubmit a 2013 return.

If you did not yet file a 2013 return, you can still do that now.

View solution in original post