Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
If you experience technical issues while doing your taxes, you can get the latest information in

The Help Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My daughter is 17months, and she made $60.61 in interest income on a T5. The T5 was issued with her SIN number. Do I have to file a tax return for her?

My daughter is 17months, and she made $60.61 in interest income on a T5.  The T5 was issued with her SIN number.  Do I have to file a tax return for her?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My daughter is 17months, and she made $60.61 in interest income on a T5. The T5 was issued with her SIN number. Do I have to file a tax return for her?

Since she isn't going to owe tax, she does not have to file a return yet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Since she isn't going to owe tax, she does not have to file a return yet.

View solution in original post

That's what I assumed.... Thanks for the quick response.   Cheers.

Not a problem!

I have a similar question.  My children (age 5 and 3) each have T5s with their SIN but it is their name and my name in the recipient's name box as it is joint account.  Should I include these amounts in my investment income?

Normally, it would be split 50/50.  You could conceivably report your half of each T5  income.  As stated previously, the children would not have to file if the income earned is less than the personal deduction.