Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My employer hired me on part-time contract and will not give T4 for my income. How should I report it?

My employer hired me on parttime contract and asked me to pay my taxes myself. 

They won't provide me T4. 

Every month I send invoice for amount (A hours x hourly rate) and receive payment by cheque. 

My question is if I just mention it as other income/occasional income in turbo tax will it be okay. 

That section in turbo tax do not have field for entering my company name. Sometimes I heard i can report it as T2215 showing it as my business expense. What would be the most appropriate option to report my income in turbotax? I work in ontario. 

1 Reply

My employer hired me on part-time contract and will not give T4 for my income. How should I report it?

You don’t use the T2125 unless you have your own business. If you didn’t get slip from your employer, you can report your earnings as “Other Employment Income”

In TurboTax Online, click on “Income”, then “Other Income Sources”, then select “Income Not Reported On A T-slip”. This will bring you to the “Employment Status” page.

Check off “Received tips, gratuities, occasional earnings, or other employment income” at the top and click on the “Continue” button. This will bring you to the “Other Employment Income Sources” page.

You can now put your amount in the top box, or the bottom box if you want to specify an employer or add a description. C lick on the “Continue” button to save your information.

You can also use the “Find” tool in the top right. Click “Find” and search for “Income Not”, then select “Income Not Reported On A T-slip” from the list and click on the “Go” button.