Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maycho02
Returning Member

My net income shows zero

Hello, 

I am on social assistance and have T5007. I entered the amount under T5007 slip through income section. However, when I get to the end of deductions summary, my net income shows zero. Please help how I can fix this? I am not sure what else I am missing to enter. That is the only income I have.

4 Replies

My net income shows zero

Is your income from the T5007 showing as Total Income? You can click on the arrow underneath your refund/balance owning in the top right to see a quick summary of your return. You can also click on the Detailed Tax Summary link to see a more complete overview of your taxes.

basir1991
Returning Member

My net income shows zero

1) My husband and I have two separate T5007. I've entered my T5007 on my tax return. In addition, I entered the amount on my tax return from my spouse's T5007. However, once I do that then my total net income is zero as it does not recognize my T5007 for on the summary but I see the form there with the amount. Turbo tax give me an error saying there is no income for me but in reality there is net income from T5007. Why? What should I do?

2) Based on your solution in this post, I've entered two T5007 (one for my husband and one separate for myself) under income section. Then when Turbo tax asked me for my husbands income (from T5007) I've entered that as zero and as a result it won't let me proceed as there needs to be income for my husband under "Information about your spouse or common-law partner". I will be preparing another return for him as well with his T5007. However, I'm not sure about the error above?

My net income shows zero

Did you end up resolving this issue?? I’m having the exact same and can’t get any help with it and need to finish my taxes before deadline. Ugh 😩 keeps showing 0 for my net income when it should be saying the Social assistance amount in the summary like my 2021 shows 

My net income shows zero

@maycho02 @MomOfTwo95 
In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.