Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife received sales commission on a T4A from the Travel Agency she works with as an Agent.. How do I input the commission?

As I go thru the steps it leads to the T4 screen but the but the T4A has the commission in box 20. Do I ignore the T4 and input the commission somewhere else? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife received sales commission on a T4A from the Travel Agency she works with as an Agent.. How do I input the commission?

Under the "Income" tab > hover over "T-slips" select T4A and create new. You will match Box 20 with your slip and the input screen plus any other information reported on your slip.

The income will transfer to a T2125 Business Activities Schedule which must be completed with Identification and Industry Code (at a minimum). Find this input under the "Income" tab > "Self-employment" > Business Activities. Select the commission business forms. Proceed through the screens and follow the prompts, your income from the T4A will already be reported on the form. You may find there are allowable expenses you can claim by reviewing this section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Under the "Income" tab > hover over "T-slips" select T4A and create new. You will match Box 20 with your slip and the input screen plus any other information reported on your slip.

The income will transfer to a T2125 Business Activities Schedule which must be completed with Identification and Industry Code (at a minimum). Find this input under the "Income" tab > "Self-employment" > Business Activities. Select the commission business forms. Proceed through the screens and follow the prompts, your income from the T4A will already be reported on the form. You may find there are allowable expenses you can claim by reviewing this section.