Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramarelo

My daughter is 17months, and she made $60.61 in interest income on a T5. The T5 was issued with her SIN number. Do I have to file a tax return for her?

My daughter is 17months, and she made $60.61 in interest income on a T5.  The T5 was issued with her SIN number.  Do I have to file a tax return for her?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My daughter is 17months, and she made $60.61 in interest income on a T5. The T5 was issued with her SIN number. Do I have to file a tax return for her?

Since she isn't going to owe tax, she does not have to file a return yet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Since she isn't going to owe tax, she does not have to file a return yet.
ramarelo

That's what I assumed.... Thanks for the quick response.   Cheers.

Not a problem!
mbrandson

I have a similar question.  My children (age 5 and 3) each have T5s with their SIN but it is their name and my name in the recipient's name box as it is joint account.  Should I include these amounts in my investment income?

Normally, it would be split 50/50.  You could conceivably report your half of each T5  income.  As stated previously, the children would not have to file if the income earned is less than the personal deduction.