Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I picked Home and Business mistakenly when what I really want is Standard. Haven't yet paid. Can't see a way to change. Do I need to redo everything with new account?

To explain things better, I hit an option early on that I thought applied to me , that would require the Home and Business option. So I hit the button to allow the upgrade. Basically, I originally thought I needed self-employment when it was really casual labour.

I realized later on that it didn't apply to me, so I wen't back to where I was prompted, and picked the correct option, hoping that this would be enough. When I get to the end, I still have Home and Business in the cart with no way I can see to pick the correct option, Standard.

I went through the questions on the home page that determine which version I actually need, and it is indeed Standard (I have education credits to claim).

Is there a way to just get the correct payment option here so I can finish? I imagine I could just sign up a whole new account and redo everything, but I'd rather avoid that.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I picked Home and Business mistakenly when what I really want is Standard. Haven't yet paid. Can't see a way to change. Do I need to redo everything with new account?

Hello,

There is no way to "down grade". However, if you haven't yet paid you could go to Tools > Return Manager > Create a New Return, and then it'll ask you to select the version you want (and you would select Standard). Unfortunately it will mean filling our your return again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello,

There is no way to "down grade". However, if you haven't yet paid you could go to Tools > Return Manager > Create a New Return, and then it'll ask you to select the version you want (and you would select Standard). Unfortunately it will mean filling our your return again.

Oh well. Thank you anyhow.

this happened to me - I talked to them and they gave me a code to use at checkout which will make the price the standard one.
jkost2000

This is ridiculous that you can not start over from the beginning and choose which one you want to buy and click it, especially if you have not paid for it.  not user friendly.

@jkost2000 You can start a brand new return by going to Tools > Return Manager > Create a new return.