Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On S3 (Supp) the names and class cells only allow 25 characters. How to overide to type in full names of companies and share class?

The 'Name of fund/corporation and class of shares' column on the S3 (Supp) form only accepts 25 characters even though the EasyStep data entry panel accepts far more.  How can I override the 25 character limit on this form.  The CRA will want the full name, not a truncated one.

3 Replies

On S3 (Supp) the names and class cells only allow 25 characters. How to overide to type in full names of companies and share class?

You cannot override this field to accept more characters. CRA will accept a condensed version of the Fund/Corporation name, and will even accept the Schedule 3 with totals of your entries in place of entering each individual disposition. 

dsohi

Why can't Turbo Tax add more cells to enter each disposition. 

Thanks Devinder Sohi

dsohi

I have using your program from the start and this is first time I had a problem with it.

Devinder Sohi

Turbo Tax user since 90s