Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RosNi

Other income was reported under box 28 of T4A. It shows up in line 130. Should show up in T2125 as a self-employed. How can I claim business expenses against this income?

Other income was reported under box 28 of T4A. It shows up in line 130.How can I make this income show up in T2125 as it is a self-employed income. How can I claim my business expenses against this other income?

2 Replies

Other income was reported under box 28 of T4A. It shows up in line 130. Should show up in T2125 as a self-employed. How can I claim business expenses against this income?

If the T4A has a Box 28 amount, it will be assigned as other income. Only T4A Box 20 or 48 income is considered to be self-employment/business income. If you feel that the Box number is incorrect, contact the slip provider for an amended slip.

RosNi

however the slip provider has confirmed she will not amend the T4A as it is part of a vendor income. I explained her this income relates to my self employed income and I need to claim my business expense against this income. Otherwise this income will be fully taxed without claim business expenses