Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell be how to find the verification/activation code on the Turbo Tax 2021 that I just downloaded?

1 Reply

Can you tell be how to find the verification/activation code on the Turbo Tax 2021 that I just downloaded?

If you are using TurboTax Online and you haven’t purchased a code, you can scroll down & click continue to pay for your return using a credit card.

If you are using TurboTax Online and you have a code purchased from a retailer like Costco, Staples, Walmart, etc.., but it’s not working, please make sure that you are using the 11-digit code from the scratch card. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download and you have a code purchased from a retailer, but it’s not working, please make sure that you are using the 21-digit code from inside the package. If you have the correct code and it’s not working, or the code is missing, please contact our social team or our phone support for further assistance.

If you are using TurboTax Online or CD/Download and you purchased a code directly from us, but never got it, please check your Spam/Junk/Deleted folder in your email. If you still can’t find the code or it’s not working, please contact our social team or our phone support for further assistance.

To talk to our phone support team, visit contact us . After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

If you have a code that is 21 digits, then it’s a code for TurboTax CD/Download, and will not work in TurboTax Online. If you bought the wrong product and need a refund, you can request one on this page: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

Thank you for using TurboTax.